Upgrading from Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 is not free for the past few years. Microsoft has removed the special upgrade offer sites; the company still continues to activate Windows 10 licenses for people who upgraded from Windows 7 or Windows 8.1.
ZDNet’s Ed Bott was testing this method for years, and the method still works. The process itself is very. Assuming your PC supports minimum requirements for Windows 10, you will be able to upgrade from Microsoft’s site itself.
It is important to remember that the Windows 7 to Windows 10 upgrade could wipe your settings and apps. You can choose to keep your files and personal data, but its not always possible to keep all of your existing apps due to the differences between Windows 7 and 10. Here is how to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10:
- Back up all important documents, apps and data
- Go to this Windows 10 download site
- Select “Download tool now” and tun the app
- Chose “Upgrade this PC now”
- Once the upgrade is complete you should receive a digital license for Windows 10.